Somebody asked me to make my Little FAQ rebloggable, so…here you go! (I put the picture in because a: it’s super cute and b: it makes it so tumblr doesn’t squash all the text into a gross link automatically.)
What is a Little?
A Little is an individual, typically BUT NOT ALWAYS a submissive (“bottom”), who identifies with a younger state of mind and oftentimes will look to younger interests/passions/behaviors as a source of comfort, stress relief, entertainment, enjoyment. Littles in D/s relationships typically prefer nurturing and guidance to be the focus of their D/s relationship.
- A Little is not interested in incest.
- A Little is not interested in pedophilia.
- Not all Littles engage in ageplay.
- Not all Littles are submissives.
- Not all Littles are sexually involved with their Caregiver.
- Not all Littles have a set “age” they identify with nor do all Littles “regress” into “Little Space”.
- Littles are consenting and fully capable of understanding the relationship they are entering into. They are consenting adults, not children.
- Littles are not completely dependent on their Caregiver; they are perfectly capable of making their own decisions and living their own professional/personal/scholastic lives and do.
- Littles are not looking for a “sugar daddy” to take care of them; money is not the goal of the relationship.
ANYONE CAN BE A LITTLE.
- weight/height/body type
- gender (this is a big one!!! THERE ARE LITTLES WHO ARE MALE, LITTLES WHO ARE GENDERFLUID, LITTLES WHO DON’T KNOW WHAT THEIR GENDER IS.)
- involvement in D/s—not everyone is into D/s! Not all Littles are submissives! Be a brat if you want! Be a total submissive doll if you want! Be a Dominant if you want! Be neither or both (a switch) if you want!
- sexual orientation—you don’t have to have sex to be a Little, asexual Littles are totally a thing! You don’t have to be heterosexual either!
- preferred title for significant other—You don’t have to have a male Dominant (or call him “Daddy”) to be a Little! You can have a Mommy or just a Sir, Mistress, boyfriend or girlfriend…you don’t have to call them anything (:
- interests—you don’t have to like cartoons, coloring, pink, Hello Kitty, or cuddles. You can like racecars and gore and really shitty 80’s flicks.
- distance from your significant other—you can be long distance and still manage, promise! <3
- openness of relationship—some Littles are in open relationships, sometimes they share their Dominant with another Little or they are not mutually exclusive to their Dominant. Sometimes Littles are polyamorous and sometimes they aren’t. As long as everyone’s fine with the arrangement, it’s fine! :)
- level of sexual activeness—you don’t have to have a sexual relationship with your Dominant. You might looove sex all the time, or maybe you just like the cuddles. No judgement either way!
- level of experience in D/s
- relationship status—you don’t have to have a significant other, Dominant or not, to be a Little. YOU determine if you are a Little, not who you are with (or anything else for that matter).
- specific age for your Little side—some Littles identify with the toddler age range. Some identify with six, seven, or eight-year-olds (and so on). Some prefer to associate with a pre-teen or teenager age range (and may be referred to as Middles). Some don’t know WHAT their Little age is. That’s all fine!
If you identify as a Little, then you’re a Little. That’s it. :) Don’t get wrapped up in labels and identities, just be what is comfortable to you.
What does a Little do? What might a typical Cg/l (Caregiver/Little) relationship entail? (Note!! I claim to be any type of authority, beyond being in such a relationship and having talked to many people about theirs. No two relationships are alike; there is no requirement for someone to be a Little—see the above section again if you need reassuring.)
- having a significant other who may assign rules or guidelines, tasks, and assignments with the intention of looking out for, guiding, and helping the Little to become a better person. Some examples are bedtimes, rules for getting household tasks and homework done in a timely manner, and being polite.
- entering “Little mode/space”, where a Little slips into a younger mind frame. They may change their behavior and way of speaking, using “baby talk” or less mature vernacular. Some Littles—though, again, NOT ALL—may engage in diaper play and age play. This is when a Little is typically most vulnerable. This is a type of stress relief and escape from the “big” world, somewhere they need to feel safe and loved and cared for.
Another important note: Littles are not children, they are not immature nor irresponsible. Most Littles have a very stressful, demanding, and challenging schedule outside of their “Little space”. They may have a very important job, a grueling course load in school, or very important roles in their family/community. They turn to their Little space to unwind, to relax. Just like submissives of other types have said, there is peace in the letting go of responsibility for a safe time. Littles look to their Little space—and sometimes their significant other and/or Dominant—to be there when they let all their worries and troubles go. Sometimes they go to their Little space because they enjoy the feeling of not being in charge of everything for once. This is where their significant other is important in protecting them in their vulnerability and making sure they take care of themselves, not just everyone and everything else that needs taking care of.
Reblogging thisssss because hey still relevant.
if you think of something that needs to be added or changed to be more inclusive and informative let me know <3 I really don’t want to leave anyone out c:
Anonymous asked: You generalize Feminist just like anti bronies generalize bronies! A few fems do a bad thing means they're all evil to you just like anti bronies! There are millions of feminist but you still think they're bad but get angry when people say they hate bronies because of the shit a lot of bronies do! You're nothing but a hypocrite.
Sweetie…there’s a big difference between a fan base for a cartoon, and a political movement that wishes to enact change, especially when the way it is being conducted nowadays is only widening the gender gap, as well as alienating people who are trans, agender, or non-binary.
If you had actually taken the time to read anything I linked you to, you would have noted that “feminists” have been circulating a blatantly false statistic, claiming that “One in every four women will become a victim of rape”. All something like this does is create mass panic and paranoia, and devalue the issue they’re trying to promote. This is harmful to women. They talk about rape as though it has reached epidemic levels, despite recorded instances of rape having decreased by over 85% since 1979, in spite of the changing definition of rape continually expanding over just this past decade alone. They blame rape on an imaginary boogeyman of their own creation (the supposed “rape culture”), rather than holding the rapist personally accountable for their own deplorable actions. As I said before, even RAINN - a group dedicated to helping victims of sexual abuse - is against the notion of “rape culture”, and is openly trying to steer others away from that mindset.
The most anyone in this fan base has done is act like irrepressible little assholes over the internet, which - believe it or not - IS called out by other fans, and is not only not encouraged, but is derided by the majority. Meanwhile, there are many recorded acts of in-person violence and harassment done under the guise of “promoting gender equality”.
You are telling me that “feminism” - as it is been appropriated and redefined by a younger generation that doesn’t fully comprehend how activism is done - is completely above scrutiny and criticism, when TWICE now on Tumblr, someone has obtained and given another person’s personal information to a potential rapist, and literally stating that said person “deserves to be raped”, simply because they “dared” to criticize someone’s point of view over the internet.
It’s like you would expect families to continue to spend time at an amusement park after finding it riddled with trash and unsanitary conditions, instead of leaving in the hopes that someday it might become clean enough again to visit.
Can’t believe I missed this convo. Tena has good sources and I wish I was half as eloquent as she when discussing things.
A number one dad, ten out of ten, Dad of the year, gettin laid all year this year, best dad ever, you did it.
she was standing like how ppl stand when theyre waiting to get hit by a train lol
mofo runs faster than captain america
parents who vaccinate their children without their consent are terrible parents, no exceptions.
parents who let their children die of completely preventable diseases because they think 8 year olds are capable of making their own medical decisions are terrible parents. no exceptions